C & C Please, First Time Posting Photos

nsinnott

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am fairly new to photography and TPF, currently taking several classes but hope to continue to improve with outside critique. Please comment on composition, exposure, wb or anything else you feel that is needed. Thank you for your input.

1. Sunset: exp. 1/640, f5.6, 18mm, ISO 200
View attachment 36356

2. Rings: exp. 1/60, f5.6, 28mm, ISO 200
$DSC_1689.jpg

3. Tower: exp. 1/160, f5.6, 48mm, ISO 200
$DSC_1650.jpg

Not bad. I like your use of leading lines in the first (though it could benefit a crop of the horizon utilizing the rule of thirds). Your elongated cropping of the second and the silhouetting in the third.

I also like how you are minimizing distractions.

Will be interesting to watch your progress.

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice!! I really like the second one (what are those circles, ice?). Very cool and interesting. I agree the first one could use a crop on the top, but a really nice photo. I love the lines leading into the sunset. Very nice first photos!

I would agree that #1 could use cropping of the top to minimize the sky. #2 is an interesting shot but I don't care for it in portrait style. #3 is pretty cool.

Keep 'em coming.

too much dynamic range to capture. I would try to bracket this in the future. The ice circles are great, if you could have kept the colors in the sky it would have been an amazing image.

Thank you for your comments. I cropped the first photo according to the rules of thirds, I think it does look better. I also went back to the same area a couple days later, much more interesting sky but no more "ice rings" in the lake. I guess sometimes you can get everything!
$DSC_1635.jpg
$DSC_1883-3.jpg
$DSC_1918-2.jpg

I'm with eswebster that 3rd shot in the last set has so much mood in it. :heart: it!

Photo 1 The way the lines from every direction, draw you to the sun, Great composition. keep it up

Most reactions

Back