C&C please

lschaaf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to the Desert Botanical Gardens to photograph the Chihuly Glass exhibit. I want to go back at night the next time! Comments Please!

3192327685_0be2c43075.jpg

3192327907_ae2d95d621.jpg

3193274044_5e386a994c.jpg

3193379712_c0e04484b4.jpg

Here's a few plants, just testing my new/used D80!

3193381372_3db94ff6b8.jpg

3193380594_ca99ac95be.jpg

I went to a Chihuly exhibit in a conservatory in Pittsburg. It was fantastic! I can post some pics later if you're interested.

But as for the C&C, I would have like to see more of the form of some of the pieces, and their surroundings. If its like the exhibit I saw, the pieces were very interestingly combined into their surroundings, your shots are mostly abstract and don't capture that.

Also, I like your lighting in most of the shots, the backlighting in the last two is cool. The only one that doesn't do anything for me is #4, I don't like the way parts of it are obscured by shadows.

But as for the C&C, I would have like to see more of the form of some of the pieces, and their surroundings. If its like the exhibit I saw, the pieces were very interestingly combined into their surroundings, your shots are mostly abstract and don't capture that.

You're right! I actually have about 200 photos in their surroundings, I guess I just uploaded the abstract! I'd love to see some Pittsburg shots, it will give me ideas how to set up when I go back at night. Here's one shot showing surroundings!
3193379226_c40b3099a8.jpg

Also, I like your lighting in most of the shots, the backlighting in the last two is cool. The only one that doesn't do anything for me is #4, I don't like the way parts of it are obscured by shadows.

I was trying to figure out how to make it look good, but it was in the shade. They illuminate at night, maybe it will look better next time!

I didn't mean to suggest that I didn't like the abstract shots, they are great. I just think there are great shots that also include the surroundings, so I'm glad that you captured some of them!

Here are some of the pics I got in Pittsburg.

Chihuly.JPG

Chihuly%20%282%29.JPG

Chihuly%20%283%29.JPG

Chihuly%20%284%29.JPG

Chihuly%20%285%29.JPG

I didn't mean to post so many pics, but its hard not to when looking at all the chihuly photos!! I posted my boat with colored ball pics, though I think the circumstance of the lighting was by chance more favorable in my pic. The room in my pic 2 was awesome, the pic only shows about half of it.

I hope this sparks some ideas for you, but it looks like you're doing a great job anyway.

Please post your night photos if you get some!!!

All are pretty amazing. You might consider cropping some of them to bring focus to the actual subject... but wow... great shots.

Most reactions

Back