C&C please

The third is by far my favorite.

The other two didn't strike me like the third one did.

The first I don't like the top right of the image...it looks like something was there and was cut off.

The second just isn't that interesting to me.

2 is by far my favorite. The formation of the birds framed by the trees speaks volumes. It is says that nature is always moving, growing and encompassing all the living things.

2 is by far my favorite. The formation of the birds framed by the trees speaks volumes. It is says that nature is always moving, growing and encompassing all the living things.

And this the wonder of photography and a lesson to always keep in mind.

First everything is so subjective. Second, if you really like a shot and someone else doesn't fvck 'em its your shot.

I agree with JAC, especially about the first shot. The second one is muddled and seems as though some of the flock is getting cut off, oh no!

The third shot I really like for reasons why we like art. It's line and implied movement. The first thing that strikes me is the framing. How fun! But, what I think is really neat is how the positions of the people contrast their surroundings. It's kind of an ugly place. There's graffiti on the wall and litter on the ground, but they're having a great time "apart" from it (because they're jumping) against a pretty blue sky.

My favorite thing about the shot, though, is how the third person is facing a different direction and in a pose that changes the "rhythm" of the first two people. It's beautifully simple rhythm: "same, same, different" or "1,2, spin." They also get progressively lower from left to right so there is an implied diagonal line cutting across a lot of parallel lines of the shot. I suspect that this was a happy accident. But, that's what we do, we create circumstances for capturing our surroundings and it's art.

6256701619_9a94b73f70_b.jpg

Thank you all for the comments, it's so nice to hear any kind of opinion. Thank you for the crop too :)

I see that the best is the third one, i think so too. Well, yes, it's kind of accident. It was a 4-5 shots of their jumping, i didn't tell them how exactly they need to jump, just do it on count 3 :)

Anyway, I like you all and your comments :thumbup:

third photo with one detail removed... Is it better now?

2222 by Olga_pv, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back