C&C some of the pics

chaotickass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We went out to the park and creek and I took a lot of pictures. Here are just a few for you to C&C. I have edited them as well. Hopefully some will like them the way they are. :)

DSCN0071.jpg

DSCN0090.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

DSCN0101.jpg

ya, the timestamp bothers me, i can't figure out on my camera how to take the timestamp off, i looked in the menu and everything. just can't find it.

ya, feet in the water, but for some reason i thought it was cute.

its kinda gross. LOL no offense, feet wierd me out. Anyway, it could turn into a good idea, but needs some work. This just shows random feet. There is no emotion evoked or feeling given. I would look at it and wonder why in the world someone took a pic of a foot.

Work on having an interesting composition. The pic of the girl standing in the water could have been better if there was something going on, or if they were like just dipping their foot in testing the water and you could get a sort of blurry/foggy effect and frame the pic correctly. But then you have that kid in the background which kills the pic. If you are just starting out, try not to be overly artsy fartsy. I tend to see people on here that think if they take a pic of the most boring and mundane things in the most boring and mundane way, that someone will be like "wow, what a work of art you are so creative for shooting a turd, I never would have thought of that" Now thats not to say that you can't make creative concepts WORK, but first you need to understand and practice composition and then you can work around a scene and figure out the best angle and way to take the photo.

Also, the timestamp obviously.

burst, i guess you didn't get the idea of the pic with the lady and kid in it. she was watching the "kid" that is my son play over where he is playing. but that's ok, different people's view on what the pic is.

burst, i guess you didn't get the idea of the pic with the lady and kid in it. she was watching the "kid" that is my son play over where he is playing. but that's ok, different people's view on what the pic is.

Well thats fine, except neither figure was doing anything suggestive of that. Looks like a kid walking away and someone standing in the water. Its not that my view of the pic is off, you as the photo taker should try to convey the message you are going for, as best as possible. You didn't do that in this pic. You can assume that the viewer just "doesn't get it" but its your responsibility as the artist to make sure the majority of viewers "GET IT"

burst, how would i improve that then?

Most reactions

Back