C41 Processing?

Passion4Film

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This may seem like a stupid question...

I am starting my color photography class (well, I started it already, but we're starting color in a few more weeks) and our teacher told us that we can use "any color film that can be processed in C41 chemicals."

What kinds of films are those?! Can I go to Wal-Mart and get the Kodak or Fuji whatevers and be able to use them?

Thanks for any insight.

Passion4Film said:
This may seem like a stupid question...

I am starting my color photography class (well, I started it already, but we're starting color in a few more weeks) and our teacher told us that we can use "any color film that can be processed in C41 chemicals."

What kinds of films are those?! Can I go to Wal-Mart and get the Kodak or Fuji whatevers and be able to use them?

Thanks for any insight.
Most color films (not slides) and some of the newer b&w films. Just about anything you'll find at WalMart is C41. Just look at the box. It will say on there.

If you buy negative film from anywhere, it will be c41 processed. If you buying Agfa its called AP-70 processing, or fuji is called CN-16 processing. But its the same thing as c41.
There are b&w c41 aswell, Xp2 by ilford which gives good results, and the neopan400cn by fuji which i havent used.

But dont worry c41 is by the far the most common film sold.

Basically, since it's for a color photography class just avoid slide film (E-6 processing).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back