Call Me Old Fashioned...

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Candy on Car.jpg

OK! You're old fashioned.... :biglaugh:Candy used to be considered a "treat", although too much was bad because of the high sugar content. But today however, candy is mostly "fake", made of ingredients that will make a billy-goat puke - chemical names that I can't possibly pronounce. :icon_puke_r:

OMG! Haven't seen a Chick-o-Stick in a looooong time, loved them as a kid. Nice shot too. :)

OK! You're old fashioned.... :biglaugh:Candy used to be considered a "treat", although too much was bad because of the high sugar content. But today however, candy is mostly "fake", made of ingredients that will make a billy-goat puke - chemical names that I can't possibly pronounce. :icon_puke_r:

And not to mention chemicals that your body doesn't like to process. :048:

Ok........you're old fashioned. Lol. Hard to find some of those for sure.

We don't get these on my side of the pond........
Yeah, but we don't get cola cubes, pear drops, custard and cremes, wine gums, fruit pastels or Turkish delights!

And not to mention chemicals that your body doesn't like to process. :048:

Now there's some real candy! Peeeeeanut butterrrrrrr, NOM-NOM! :drool2:

Nice pic, btw!
Thanks, and you're right about the chemicals.
Ok........you're old fashioned. Lol. Hard to find some of those for sure.

Try here and see if you see some you'd forgotten ~~ Old Fashioned and Retro Candy - Home of Candy you ate as a kid®

Thanks for the link. Saved it for when I get a craving for something I can't find.

Minnesota's largest candy store is located in Jordan. It's on the way down to my brother's place. Huge. They have a large retro section to get my fix. Lots of foreign candies too. Plus, every kind of homemade fudge you can think of. Not just candy. Every kind of popcorn, soda or pop, soup mixes and snacks. They also own or are affiliated with one of the many apple orchards in the area. Lots of apples in the fall and homemade apple treats. The caramel apple pie is a must. You can lose track of time in there....and your money. So much stuff.

Minnesota's Largest Candy Store - The Big Yellow Barn

Most reactions

Back