Camera question

pandinus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Stavanger, Norway (moving to Bergen in November)
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

In a few weeks time, I'll be getting some extra cash. I'm thinking of upgrading from my Nikon D100 to a D200 or a D300. The last one would be the best alternative. However, I really like my camera and am thinking about keeping it as a backup. Might this be a good idea? Does anyone know if there are many differences between these cameras? Or can I buy a new camera, have a quick read thrugh the instructions and be good to go from my experiance with the D100?

The last question is the one that conserns me the most at the time...

I'd greatly apprechiate any and all help.

^ hahha..

anyway, definately keep your d100. youll always wish you had more then 1 camera soon as you trade it in. the d200 is an amazing camera. however, the d300 will be out very soon, and offers a f2.8 lense. i would wait for that. youll pay 2400 for the d200 and 18-200, with the d300 your gonna pay 2700. seems well worth it.

maybe instead of buying an amazing body like the D300, inveset in some good glass, or buy a less expensive body and some glass.

another good idea from buszaj.

Cameras arnt what make a photographers photos good.

And lenses.. they only create a much wider range of creativity and options for the way and what you can shoot.

All in all, if your obsessed with getting a new dslr. go for it, but if your into progressing, producing better results. your d100 is fine. My friend has shot with that camera from day one.. and still to this day. hes only bought bigger and better lenses.

If your making enough money paying off lenses and enough for additional cameras. then yes, buy another one for its always good to have 2 cameras with 2 diffrent lenses.

Differences between the D200 and D300 are slight to say the least. Best feature would be the new autofocus other than that nothing to write home about. The differences between the D100 and D200 are far larger, the former being more of a consumer in the prosumer range and the latter being more a pro in the prosumer range. I would personally use the excuse of the D300 release to buy a discounted D200 and some fine glass to go with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back