Camera recommendations up to 600£?

thetoxicmud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
been looking at canon r100 any better choice?

Absolutely NO clue what you intend to shoot, your experience level, video requirements...Details?

Absolutely NO clue what you intend to shoot, your experience level, video requirements...Details?
Excuse my ignorance all I want is something for beginners, versatile im not sure how to answer the question what do I intend to shoot. Outside nature and city environment?

All I want is something simple, upgrade from phone camera for better picture quality. My eyes are on eos r50 slightly more expensive but praised on forums and reviews.

Excuse my ignorance all I want is something for beginners, versatile im not sure how to answer the question what do I intend to shoot. Outside nature and city environment?

All I want is something simple, upgrade from phone camera for better picture quality. My eyes are on eos r50 slightly more expensive but praised on forums and reviews.
Both seem decent entry-level MILCs, way better than a phone. Any shops nearby to get a closer look?
Not being cranky but playing 20 questions wastes everyone's time--i.e., help us help you.

I'm actually not a cranky drama queen so I'll make it simple for you as I don't feel the need to beat my chest and make life hard for you.

I'm feeling like you are just wanting to start out and use this for general landscape/urban style photography at this point. If so, you could pick up the R100 camera body with the RF-S 18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens. This will do just fine for general photography and as you build your photography knowledge you will be able to feel your way for whether you need more lenses or additional equipment as you progress.

The second hand market would open up a much larger range of options if you wanted to go that route, but personally I only buy brand new gear. At this price point I think the R100 is the best option you have brand new.

Hope this is helpful. Welcome to photography. Have fun! 🌞

Last edited:
I'm actually not a cranky drama queen so I'll make it simple for you as I don't feel the need to beat my chest and make life hard for you.

Fewer photo dumps and more helps--tone it down, mate.

Fewer photo dumps and more helps--tone it down, mate.

I suspected my three or four colour images each week might be a little too much for you. I might start using that B+W button in LR a bit more...

I'm not a mind reader, if you need help just ask, I'm only too happy to assist.

I trust you've been sleeping well, mate. 🙂

For that kind of money and no idea on what you want to get from it, I recommend a Cannon PowerShot.

Most reactions

Back