Camera Reviews Video Capability.

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it just me or have others noticed there seems to be a greater focus on video capability rather than stills capability when it comes to camera reviews and also firmware updates? Such as "With this camera you gain the option to record the more web-friendly AAC audio in the camera's 8-bit H.264 modes, rather than Linear PCM?" What does that even mean? Lol. I would rather a full on "stills" capability review and tack on the end" it also shoots video"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have noticed, but nothing is said about the limit on time that is on DSLR cameras I believe it’s 30 mins
Whilst I have noticed I really have not paid much attention as I don’t do vid with my DSLR

Yes, newer reviews of cameras have tended to focus somewhat on the video capability of the camera under review. This is because as we are now into the second decade of the 21st Century, there are more and more so-called hybrid shooters who are concerned about both still and video capability, and because cameras have a huge new emphasis on video recording. If you need help with the terminology, a week spent online doing research might help you. I know what you mean...lots of terminology related to video is confusing to me as well.

Last edited:
I probably could do a google search to learn all the jargon but as I only press the video record button once every few months to see if it still works I don't think I will bother lol.

Im with you, I did video once when I first bought the camera. ID have to open the instruction book to try it again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back