Camera Setup Help :)

goofdunk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, i have experience in taking photos, but really just recently i have decided that i want my own personal setup instead of using my friends. I have a budget of 1000$ and i am currently looking for a setup that can suit my photography style, i really enjoy taking pictures of night scenery, night street photography, people, but also want a camera that can take good pictures during the day! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a setup for me that fits my budget and photography style. Currently i dont have any gear, no body or lens.

Thanks a lot :)

I herd that the Nikon D3300 was pretty good, but i do not know if it is the best choice for my budget. Thank you

Here is the listing for that kit:

Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens 1532B B&H Photo Video

As you see, it is quite a bit cheaper than the other deal I linked to in the PM, and the D3300 is considered an "entry level" camera, and the capabilities are less than the D7100 kit. With the D3300 kit, you will have enough money left over in your budget for a speedlight and a tripod, but you'll have to come up with more money for your first prime lens.

How many people did you PM?

I recommend a camera that has mirror lockup if you do a lot of night and tripod stuff. Thus d7x00 and higher.

REFURB D3300 with 18-55 kit zoom lens...$369.95...seems like a good value. Probably a good place to start. Buy one, learn what it can do. For timed exposures from 1/2 second to 3 minutes during night time, I suggest the lens at f/8, with the camera mounted firmly on a tripod,for most situations. Mirror lock-up is not going to be needed for a beginning shooter with short lenses and no high-magny lenses or telescopes; the timer delay will be adequate.

I would buy a tripod and an inexpensive flash unit. LEARN what is needed after those three basic parts have been used for a few months, and then consider what you need in order to expand your kit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back