Can a Canon G10 take advantage of an SDHC card?

SAPierce2006

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a canon G10 new online, and need to get a SD card. I'm not really concerned about write speed from the card to the computer, but more the write speed from the camera to the card. Can the Canon G10 take advantage of a faster card, or will just any card do? What speed card should I get then? Do we know the write speed of the Canon G10? I can't seem to find that information anywhere.

Come to think of it, I actually don't know anything about SD cards. What brand should I be going for? Right now I'm thinking of sandisk. Would a SanDisk Extreme II or III be useful? I'm running low on $$, so I don't want to get something that won't be of any use to me.

Are classes the only thing that effect the speed transfer on SD cards? I've noticed a class 6 kingston is much cheaper than sandisk. Why should I get a sandisk over a kingston then? Is it faster? I know I'm being an idiot right now, I'm just looking for direction. :p

Last edited:
I use SDHC cards in my Canon G9... so I will assume the answer is Yes.

The big brands (such as the Sandisk you mention) are the way to go. I don't know much about memory cards, but it does seem that the strong brands actually have better products. It's the kind of product that screams for geeky internet tests, so google your heart out. Anecdotally I will offer that I have no problem with my 16 Gig SDHC Extreme III. I can shoot all the video and RAW images I want in a day without ever worrying about filling up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back