Can I get photos from a Family DVD created?

Sand010

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi
I am not sure if this is the right forum but back in 2002 I made a family dvd of all our photos with music, I cannot find anywhere those photos, I keep photos on my Mac in albums but from 2002-2005 they are not there. (I had a PC back then but I know I transferred everything I could onto the Mac)

Is there a way of getting the photos from my DVD, I did open file and look in every file but i cannot find actual photos, I think back then I made the DVD using Pinacle software.

any help appreciated, and I would really appreciate any responses kept simple as I only have basic knowledge.

It sounds like the software may have created a video file that shows the pictures as a slide show.
If you can tell us what directories there are on the DVD (just the first level should do) it should confirm or deny my theory.

If this is the case it won't have copies of the full resolution images, but it should be possible to freeze the video & take snapshots. Resolution will only be as good as the DVD image & it might be a tedious process!
Sorry I can't give specific advise on doing this I've never tried!

It sounds like the software may have created a video file that shows the pictures as a slide show.
If you can tell us what directories there are on the DVD (just the first level should do) it should confirm or deny my theory.

If this is the case it won't have copies of the full resolution images, but it should be possible to freeze the video & take snapshots. Resolution will only be as good as the DVD image & it might be a tedious process!
Sorry I can't give specific advise on doing this I've never tried!

I will have to check tonight when home, however yes I beleive they were video files created, I remember them ending VOB & TS.

Thank you for your reply.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back