Can we change lenses for SLR camera's

hell2heaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,I am newbie to photography.I want to buy a new camera for me.I am in dilemma to figure out between Digital SLR camera's and Digital compact camera's.I heard that lens of SLR camera's are sold separately.Does it mean that if our existing lens is not damaged due to any reason,we can replace it with a new lens?Can we attach lens with different configuration(different from what we bought initially) to camera body?If lens of digital compact camera is not working can we get it repaired?Please clear my doubts...Thanks in advance

SLR lenses are interchangeable, not usually because of the need to replace through damage but from the need to use different lenses in different situations. Compact cameras do not have interchangeable lenses, however some newer formats like the micro 4/3 cameras do (I think, I'm not really into these though so don't pay much attention to them).

I suggest you use google to look at some sites with tips for absolute rank amateur photographers looking at DSLR's, there are about 1 million sites out there dedicated to that purpose.

I heard that lens of SLR camera's are sold separately.
Yes and no. Some DSLRs are shippped with a kit lens

Does it mean that if our existing lens is not damaged due to any reason,we can replace it with a new lens?
You can change lens. Just like tires for car. You can change the tires that good for dry race track, wet road, snow covered road ..... and of course, if the tires wear out, you can replace it with another set. In photography world, you can change the lens with a wide angle lens so that you can take a breath taking landscape shot, you can change the lens with a telephoto lens so that you can take a photo of a bird on the tree. Or change it with a Macro lens so that you can explore the tiny bug's world etc.

Can we attach lens with different configuration(different from what we bought initially) to camera body?
See above

If lens of digital compact camera is not working can we get it repaired?
Yes of course, it depends on whether it worth to do so or not.

Think about it this way.

The body "camera" is a gun and the lens are your bullets.

You need different ammo for different situations.

Think about it this way.

But you can only use a bullet once. Are my lens one use?

I hope your joking....

OK better one.

Your feet are your camera and your shoes are your lens.
You have shoes for different things....

But as it has already been said. You have lens for different things and you can change them out when you want a different shot.

Think about it this way.

But you can only use a bullet once. Are my lens one use?

I hope your joking....

OK better one.

Your feet are your camera and your shoes are your lens.
You have shoes for different things....

But as it has already been said. You have lens for different things and you can change them out when you want a different shot.

:lol: :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back