Can you guess the location?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These photos were taken in 1977, by a then 17-year-old Corinna (who had no idea, not even the tiniest clue that once in the future she would be in touch with people all over the world as "LaFoto" on an internet forum - a thing that was never heard of at the time!).

No crows.
Just a cemetary - but where? The hints are enormous! Guess, will you?

FriedhofVysherhad1.jpg

FriedhofVysherhad2.jpg

FriedhofVysherhad3.jpg

All photos are scans from colour slides that nowadays show severe signs of wrong storage... probably taken with a tiny but good Rollei35.

well judging by the Russian flags in the last picture..........Russia?

No. Russia is wrong.

Remember: these were taken in 1977.

New hint: go by the names of the people buried in their respective graves ;)

Deveel is closer. Yes, their beer is famous :D and tasty, yum :drool::lol:

I cant, but, nice images...bit dark tbh, but you can see from these shots you were off to a good start LaFoto!

Music is good! :D

Oh yes, I forgot: Czech as an overall idea of what "nationality" this cemetary is, is good, too! :D

Definitely not taken in Poland...in 1977 no Czeh people would come to Poland... we didn't like each other then :p

These photos were taken in Prague, its a cemetary for famous Czech's!

LaFoto said:
These photos were taken in 1977, by a then 17-year-old Corinna (who had no idea, not even the tiniest clue that once in the future she would be in touch with people all over the world as "LaFoto" on an internet forum - a thing that was never heard of at the time!).

pretty awesome, eh?

this definitely shows you had an "eye" waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when :greenpbl:

i love the first shot Corinna, your composition is dead on and i like the tones of the cemetary shots...very nice!

Becky said:

a025.gif
Ta-daaa, ta-daaa, ta-daaa
a025.gif

Becky wins the prize!

(Erm, which prize?)

Yes, this cemetary is in Prague, and it is just a normal one, none for famous Czechs, only have the two Czech composers Antonin Dvorak and Frederic Smetana both been buried there. But it is not easy to find Smetana's grave. It is ever so much just one out of many (or was, way back then). But I was determined to find these two musician's graves at the time! I even then loved their music (and still do!)

Becky said:

that's right, i was gonna say that...i forgot :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back