Canal St. NYC

ReFlect

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2ykgvlx.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot. On my laptop here in a brightly lit Starbucks, I can't tell if there is detail in those large expanses of darkness, especially that large area to the left of the foremost trio.

If there isn't much detail in that mass, perhaps a closer crop, putting that trio onto one of the one/third verticals, and cropping down from above, to put them on one of the horizontal one/thirds might be workable?

Yes, the graffitied wall is to be seen on my screen, or gate? I perceive it as something striped (?), and the fact that it so faintly IS there makes me like this photo even more.

It presents itself at 500x333 px ... which is small for any detail.
We suggest people resize their pics to 800x533px (or 800x600px, for that matter, depending on their camera) - that size is good also for people with older screens, no one will need to scroll to see the image in one, but also good enough for everyone to see some more detail.

Thanks John.

LaFoto - Thanks as well. And yeah I agree with what you mean about the size. Unfortunately I didn't realize this and posted the photo with Flickr's default image size, but I'll try and resize it myself on Photoshop, that way more people will be able to see it better.

Most reactions

Back