What's new

Candlelight

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 1, 2009
Messages
637
Reaction score
27
Location
cornelius, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thoughts, comments?

$candle_by_xagentxmulderx-d504414.webp
 
Yup, it's a candle.

It also seems a little skewed, the background's kinda murky, and you may have some dust on your sensor. The vessel holding the candle's not adding much.

What did you want us to see?
 
It looks a little dark, but I'm at work on an non-calibrated monitor. I'm not a fan of the angle as it doesn't add anything. I think a few inches back would be better too, but keep the framing roughly the same. The flame in the right third works, assuming the flame itself is your subject. Speaking of which, if the wick were longer and you were getting a bigger flame you'd have more light and probably a whole different picture. When photographing a light source I try to remember that a sunset shot isn't about the sun, but about the light hitting everything else. Most times the same theory can be applied to other light sources. Candles can create interesting light and shadows, so keep playing with the subject and be sure to check how it affects things around it.

Also, this is the first critique I've done on here in quite some time, so I may be out of practice.
 
"Like a candle in the wind"
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom