Canon 24-70 f/2.8L

nmaynard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just received this today and only had time to take one shot with it. I was shocked at what I saw. This is the 1st time I've used a lens besides the kit lens with my XTi. I can tell I'm going to have some fun with this! Don't think I've ever been so excited to use my camera. I also recieved the canon st-e2 so I can get my flash off camera. Gonna mess around with it tonight.

Haven't been this excited since I found out Diet Dr.Pepper taste like regular Dr.Pepper...

Canon XTi w/ 24-70 f/2.8L shot at f/2.8@70mm 1/90 iso200
IMG_6725.jpg

Congrats! Oddly enough I just got the same lens today so I completely understand your excitement. It's a different world.

Looks like we may have cleaned out BH on the 24-70 as i ordered one myself and got it yesterday!! I also picked up a 10-22, 16-35 (2.8)70-200 (2.8) and the 2x extender for the 70-200. I'm planning a trip out to yellowstone in July and figured this was going to be a once in a lifetime trip so i wanted to be covered in equipment. Also picked up a set of cokin filters in ND and a grad ND also. I forgot to order a polarizer but i've found them cheaper at another site so not a big deal. I went out todat to go play with all my new toys like a kid on christmas morning and guess what the weather was like??? Thunderstorms!!!! with major lightning. I couldnt ever get out of the car for a quick shot with my new gear. Oh, and of course it hasnt rained in 2 weeks. It was waiting for UPS to show up with my new toys. If anyone ever wonders, Tennessee is beautiful but the weather here absolutly sucks!!
have fun with your new glass guys. I know i'm gonna when i can get outside and try it out.

Erik

Lol... Glad we all joined the club at the same time! I'm going Sunday to try it out on a friend of mine. Just from that 1 shot I took I can tell such a difference. I always knew that a good lens makes a difference but guess I had to see it for myself.

Have fun on your trip Erik. Looks like you are ready for anything now!

Just received this today and only had time to take one shot with it. I was shocked at what I saw. This is the 1st time I've used a lens besides the kit lens with my XTi. I can tell I'm going to have some fun with this! Don't think I've ever been so excited to use my camera. I also recieved the canon st-e2 so I can get my flash off camera. Gonna mess around with it tonight.

Haven't been this excited since I found out Diet Dr.Pepper taste like regular Dr.Pepper...

Canon XTi w/ 24-70 f/2.8L shot at f/2.8@70mm 1/90 iso200
IMG_6725.jpg

Looks more like you got a lexus??? :mrgreen:

I am interested in potentially purchasing the same lens. So, if you guys don't mind, please take some shots and critique the lens for me. :thumbup:
Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back