What's new

Canon 40D battery best buy?

sojourn

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
179
Reaction score
1
Location
Northern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, my battery to my 40D looks like it is getting old, it doesn't seem to charge up all the way after around 15,000+ actuations (the little battery icon shows a 'broken' battery image even after a fresh recharge), so my question is, where can I get the best deal on a new battery?

Are knockoffs as good as original Canon batteries, or should I stay with the name brand?
 
I like the name brand best because I've bought knockoffs that didn't hold a charge from day one.

As for the best deal, adorama/b&h/amazon, the usual suspects...
 
I've been using batteries from Digital Camera Batteries Chargers Memory Cards Readers
They were around $12 each (compared to over $50 for the Canon batteries) and they have a higher capacity (last longer).
I've had some of them for 5 years now, and they still work great.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom