Canon 5D Water Housing

catalan0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am selling a newly refurbished semi-professionally made waterhousing designed for the Canon 5D. I made some modifications so that you can also use the 5D Mark II for photography use (no control of video).

The housing was purchased brand new from HCW Housings in Laguna Beach, CA. The website of the housing builder is: HCW Flash housings.

The housing features controls for aperature, shutter speed, primary and secondary triggers, and a dome port for the 15mm fisheye lens. The dome can also fit lenses of equivalent size such as the 50mm f/1.4, the 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5, etc. It also has a fixed flash port for the 430ex Canon flash for low light dusk / dawn surfing or even night surfing. I'm sure you can be creative and come up with other uses (pool, night fishing from water angle, etc).

This is a great starter housing for someone thinking about getting more involved with surf / shallow water photography but doesn't want to go professional just yet and spend thousands of dollars.

Housing was purchased new for $1400. Was recently refurbished and am looking for best offer. I can offer a crash course over the phone or email instructions on some good surf photography settings and tricks to use with the housing to get good results. Housing has been used to shoot some of the largest most powerful waves in the world such as Pipeline in Hawaii.

See photos taken with housing...
Pipeline on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

See photos of housing...
Water Housing pictures by catalan0 - Photobucket

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back