Canon D7 or D7000?

The 18-55 is like a toy, IMO, I got it years ago with a Rebel XTi. Not a great lens and not even worth considering. The 18-135 is okay to a degree but there is a huge difference between Canon's kit lenses and L glass. If I had to do it again, I would have just bought the body and the EF 24-105 F4L IS. That is my next purchase, along with the EF 70-300 f4-5.6L IS. The difference between that and the EF-S 70-300 is insane. The EF-S is useless past 200mm, even with a 600 shutterspeed there is ghosting. I can't believe Canon puts it's name on some of the lenses they put out. Anyway, L glass is definitely the way to go, but if you HAD to choose one, it would be the 18-135. It feels cheap, but it does okay. It kept up with a 5k shoot for me.

What's the average price or a good L glass lens? Coz I ended up buying it with the 18-135mm f3.5 for now. Until I can get a proper income, I'm trying to save up for each piece of equipment. Can anyone suggest a decent lens to use for event photography, some in low light, some for ur everyday shoot such as portraits, landscapes, and modeling shoots.. And how are the USM lenses with the 7D? I was previously using two lenses 24-70mm f2.8 and 17-35mm f2.8 USM with the 1D mark ii n and the results were remarkable.. But I heard the results are different on the 7D as it's not a full frame like the 1D since its something like 1.6x ok top of the size of the lens

What's the average price or a good L glass lens? Coz I ended up buying it with the 18-135mm f3.5 for now. Until I can get a proper income, I'm trying to save up for each piece of equipment. Can anyone suggest a decent lens to use for event photography, some in low light, some for ur everyday shoot such as portraits, landscapes, and modeling shoots.. And how are the USM lenses with the 7D? I was previously using two lenses 24-70mm f2.8 and 17-35mm f2.8 USM with the 1D mark ii n and the results were remarkable.. But I heard the results are different on the 7D as it's not a full frame like the 1D since its something like 1.6x ok top of the size of the lens

I thought you knew about camera's untill i read this post, the 1Dmk2 is not full frame and thoses 2 lenses would have worked perfectly with the 7D, you were a fool to get rid of them

gsgary said:
I thought you knew about camera's untill i read this post, the 1Dmk2 is not full frame and thoses 2 lenses would have worked perfectly with the 7D, you were a fool to get rid of them

I only know A small amount but I do tend to do a lot of research before making decision. Then agen, looking at the two lenses I had, I was initially told it wud work but the quality won't be the same as the shot in 1d bcoz of the frame siZe.. I got rid of it bcoz prior to me having the camera(it was given as a gift) I found that the actual lenses were in bad shape.. Meaning even doing the standard maintenance, there were still some particles within the lense that were quite visible when u blur the lense or take a shot at less then 0 shutter speed at 1600 ISo at 2.8 aperture. And the other lense manual focus stopped working. So all in all I had the camera for 5montha b4 finding someone who wanted to
Buy it.. I found it was going to cost heaps to get it all cleaned and fixed and a lot of time consumption. Guess that wud b the only reason otherwise even I didn't wanna rid the 24-70mm 2.8f..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back