Canon eos 300D or Nikon D70

santino

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.artofart.com
Hi all!

I'm going to buy a new digital camera and I need your professional advice: whats better? Canon eos 300D or Nikon D70 (you know, I've asked these guys in stores and all but I don't trust 'em).
Please help me

Both are great cameras and you can't go wrong with either.
I went with the D70 because it's more rugged and has more features (that I would use). I would go to a store and try out the 2 cameras.

I have the digital rebel (I think that's the other name for the 300D but I'm not sure). Haven't compared it to the Nikon but for some reason Nikon and I never got along very well. So far so good with the DigReb!

I've always been a Canon fan, currently use the 10D and love it. If the 300D is the same as the Canon Rebel I know that's a great camera.

The 300D is also known as the Digital Rebel. You rebels might be interested to know that the rebel is actually identical to the 10D but has software limitations to disable certain features. There are firmware downloads you can get that will re-enable them.

http://www.dpreview.com is a great site for comparisions. I bought my camera after comparing the photos. The camera I went with has much better color rendering than it's competitions. Me likely colors.

The digirebel is for photographers on a tight budget. But it has limited features. If you can get the D70 I say go for it, I am. But that's just personal opinion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back