Canon EOS 630 won't work.

thefroglady08

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My 35mm camera is a Canon EOS 630 that I bought and shot many rolls with, developing some myself and some at walgreens and some at walmart (most of them were B&W) before realizing that none of them were coming out.

So I shot all in Program and tried again, no go. Every once in a while a single shot will come out but thats it and i'm baffled as to why this camera won't take good shots? I know it's mechanically working because I can hear it and the film does wind.

Could it be a light metering problem or something?

You'll have to be a little more specific. "None of them coming out" can mean a lot of things. Are you getting all black frames? All white? Out of focus? What are your settings for aperture, shutter speed, and what speed film are you using?

Yes, please tell us more.

The first thing that comes to mind, is that maybe your shutter bumper pads have liquefied and gummed up your shutter. This is a common problem on these old EOS cameras. My first SLR was a Canon 650 (the first EOS) and the foam shutter pads got old and turned to a gooey, oily mess...but I cleaned it before it became a problem. While this is common, I don't think it's common for it to actually stop the shutter from working....so I'm not sure it's your problem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back