Canon S90 with DPP and LR

LeftyRodriguez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.leftyrodriguez.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've got a S90 on order at the moment so that I can have a compact that I can have on hand when it's impractical to carry around the DSLR. I user Lightroom for all of my workflow-related stuff, but it doesn't yet properly support the S90 raw format and automatic barrel-distortion correction, so to use these, without having to fix the distortion in PS, I'll have to use DPP. But I want to use LR for my cataloging and workflow. So I guess what I'm asking is, what would be the best way to process the images through DPP then into LR? Would it make sense to make a complete back up of all my raw files first so that once LR (and I'm assuming that Adobe will do this) supports the S90's raw properly (apparently it'll use them but they need *alot* of curves and levels adjustments) I can re-import them into LR? Or should I just process them through DPP and save as the highest-quality TIFF before importing (and if I do this, am I losing a lot of image info?)?

Basically, what would you do to get the best of both worlds? And, if, in the end, I end up not using DPP for some reason, what's the best way to handle the barrel distortion in PS? I've never really had much of an issue with it on my DSLR...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back