Canon SX100 IS or should I get something else?

GimpyPoop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Sooo I haven't posted here in like, FOREVER, but I want somewhat of a more "objective" opinion . . .
I am completely a Canon devotee (own the 30D, 350D, a520, A560, and SD1000). However, I would like very much to sell the latter two and to fund for a point and shoot that is slightly more prosumer like - with features like aperture and shutter priority, manual, etc.

I have been considering: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_sx100is.asp
I would still like the camera to be slightly compact so the Canon S_ IS series aren't practicable.
I've read numerous reviews that have cited the flash recycle time on the SX100 is unbearable sooo I was perhaps wondering if there were other comparable models in other brands that perhaps didn't run off of AA (rechargeable or not) batteries with the same functionalities, options, size, etc. etc.

I have been perusing dpreview.com but I am completely clueless when it comes to other brands and models so really I've just been haphazardly clicking and backtracking my browser like an idiot!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back