Canon Winder A2 on a AE1?

I don't know where it is so I don't know if winder A or A2. But I had it on an AE-1 body throughout the 80s.

It's been years. The A & A2 should both work (and it doesn't matter if it's an AE-1 vs. AE-1 Program.) That same winder worked on a handful of cameras. The interface is the same. The A2 was a bit faster.

You can find a document here:

Canon Winder A2 for A Series SLR Cameras

There is an S/C (single vs. continuous) switch. On an AE-1 it does nothing. But on an AE-1 Program or A-1, the winder will only take one frame per shutter button press. On an AE-1 it have as if it is in the continuous position (even if in the single position) in that it will continue to advance & shoot as long as you continue to hold the shutter button.

Thanks, everywhere I looked it said the Winder A and A2 were both compatible with the AE-1 and Program. I have a few A1's but they all have the MotorDrive MA on them. I really like the footprint and feel of the Winder A2 and the A isn't bad either. I have large hands so shooting with the winder attached is great. I asked because I found one in perfect condition and working order on Fleabay for 20 shipped. Has the pouch and manual as well.

Well, I the one I got a a paltry sum of less than 20 dollars arrived last yesterday and I found out it works perfectly on my AE-1. I knew it would work on my A1's/ I have the original 2 I bought new and had recently gotten one with the AE1 and four or five lenses for a cheap price. I decided to use the A1 after last night replacing the battery door, and the light seals and battery and found out it works as if new. So I just installed the new to me Winder A2 on it. Now I have three like new A1's all with winders and a dead stock like new AE1 in my 35mm Canon film bag.

Most reactions

Back