Canon's "New" EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM

crazy_dragonlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

I was just checking out the Canon website to see what the largest telephoto lens they offered was... and I scanned through the page linked above and noticed something odd. I understand the reasoning behind the requirement for Canon to register the lens with the FCC.... but the FDA?? what in the world would the FDA have to do with a camera lens?? :confused:

Anyone else find this rather odd?

ttfn
CDL.

I was just checking out the Canon website to see what the largest telephoto lens they offered was... and I scanned through the page linked above and noticed something odd. I understand the reasoning behind the requirement for Canon to register the lens with the FCC.... but the FDA?? what in the world would the FDA have to do with a camera lens?? :confused:

Anyone else find this rather odd?

ttfn
CDL.

Here ya go. Canon mentioned 2CFR1002, below is a link to CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) Not sure if the link will work but I just googled it. They just want to know if the chemicals or materials are harmful to humans...

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/tex...v8&view=text&node=21:8.0.1.3.37.1.1.1&idno=21
§ 1002.1 Applicability.

The provisions of this part are applicable as follows:
(a) All manufacturers of electronic products are subject to §1002.20.
(b) Manufacturers, dealers, and distributors of electronic products are subject to the provisions of part 1002 as set forth in table 1 of this section, unless excluded by paragraph (c) of this section, or unless an exemption has been granted under §1002.50 or §1002.51.

Hope this helps.
Crosby

Thanks for the info Crosby (where's Stills, Nash and Young?) ;) sorry couldn't resist.. hopefully you get the joke.:blushing: I usually am one of the first people to "google" something if I don't know anything about it... but duh me this time. :mrgreen:

Drewski? LOL at the camera components in the mouth thing... funny that I was thinking pretty much the same thing when I first read about the FDA thing.

I had made a comment to my hubby last night about it and he agreed with me that it probably had something to do with the chemicals or whatever that were present in the camera... never thought about the fact that the FDA regulates all electronic equipment... but I guess it makes sense.

ttfn
CDL.

"Thanks for the info Crosby (where's Stills, Nash and Young?) ;-) sorry couldn't resist.. hopefully you get the joke.:blushing: I usually am one of the first people to "google" something if I don't know anything about it... but duh me this time. :mrgreen:"

I don't know where they are but if you see them, tell them they owe me money.

Crosby

its the tripod mount, as the lens is so heavy you mount that to the tripod and not the camera

Most reactions

Back