Car Show People

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nikon F, 135 2.8 AIS, HP5+, HC110. I took more people shots than car shots at this event close to my house. I had a blast, ran into a few old customers and made a few connections.

1. Harold. I used to sell him paint, what a surprise. He had a car in the show. We talked about paint and said he would like my help on his next project as he is getting to old to sling a paint gun, I doubt that but he was always a great bodyman and not so much a painter. He is still using the old Sikkens paint system I sold him years ago but no one comes by to see him anymore because he just doesn't buy enough. He also said a sales guy came out a couple years ago and didn't know diddly squat. Lol. I told him I would help him. He has a Ford Fairlane almost ready to be primed up, I told him to call me when it is so I can go over it. Darn bokeh highlight....
Harold Car show.jpg

2. Best friends. Super nice guys, and they were some funny dudes. They had me almost peeing my pants, good to laugh hard, I felt refreshed after. My wife is always amazed that I can go up to strangers and carry on a conversation. I told her it's easy, be genuinely interested in people, if not, keep walking.
Good Guys Best friends.jpg

3. Car Guys. However, they really are more than that. I'll just leave it at that, nothing bad however.
Car Guys.jpg

4. Car Boy. He was just along for the ride. Loved the frozen Ice, hot dogs, and candy. He had no interest in cars, just the snacks. My man!
Car Boy.jpg

Agree this is a nice set, and a good example of how I remember film is supposed to look!

Fun pics JC, amazing how some folks personalities are not what you expect by looking at them. Sometimes you just have to strike up a conversation.

Last roll developed. This roll is TriX

1. My new IHOP breakfast bud, Sarge
Car show people (1).jpg

2. Stunner
Car show people (2).jpg

3. My bud, we hang out often
Car show people (3).jpg

4. Royce
Car show people (4).jpg

5. Riddlin
Car show people (5).jpg

6. Willy, AKA ZZ
Car show people (6).jpg

7. Deborah, ZZ's better half
Car show people (7).jpg

Man, good set! Some of these could be improved with post. But as a starting point these are all very good. Some are very good as they are. I like how you're shooting and using your eye selectively.

Man, good set! Some of these could be improved with post. But as a starting point these are all very good. Some are very good as they are. I like how you're shooting and using your eye selectively.
Thanks my brother. I am looking into post processing.

Again these are great!

I am one who is a little scared of this conversion even if you has it set to B and W.
Looking at others and thinking I could do this and I know I can I am just too scared to follow through.
What a great set of the shot you have here.
Top shot for me is the very 1st shot and the one I am least happy with is in the second set with the young boy.
For me its a little noisy but this is only a minor thing to the full 2 sets.
Well done mate.

These are all great but Harold for me. Just love the character in his face and the expression you have captured.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Excellent set really enjoyed looking at these

Thanks bud

I am one who is a little scared of this conversion even if you has it set to B and W.
Looking at others and thinking I could do this and I know I can I am just too scared to follow through.
What a great set of the shot you have here.
Top shot for me is the very 1st shot and the one I am least happy with is in the second set with the young boy.
For me its a little noisy but this is only a minor thing to the full 2 sets.
Well done mate.

Thanks bud but I shot it on B & W film. Grain is not for everyone and could be altered (less) with a different developer but I prefer it a little crunchy.

These are all great but Harold for me. Just love the character in his face and the expression you have captured.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks stapo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back