What's new

Care to critique (equine photography)?

You can only link to not upload or embed photos that you've not taken yourself/have distribution rights over - so please change that to a link :)


As for the use of photoshop in that way it is a tool you can make use of if the situation prevents you from getting the clear shot you want. However even with all the automatic and magic tools they have doing that and doing it really well so that you can't tell takes a fair bit of work. You'd be spending a long time processing a single shot for the effect - that's ok if its a once off but if its regular you might find its eating far too much time.

You also have to pay close attention to the white balance of the replacement background as well as the direction of light otherwise it will look very odd.


Use it as a potential tool by all means; but don't get bogged down into it as what takes hours could be easier done with a short word to the horses rider/trainer and moving/coaxing the horse to a better position to start with.
 
Whoops! I got that fixed. Hopefully it's correct (otherwise, let me know)!
I think I may try it and see how it works. I'll let you guys know what I come up with.
 
I thinks you should rein in some of your shots otherwise you might get saddled with some bad habits.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom