Cat in the snow C&C

Marissa.k1995

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I finally got a chance to take some photos of my cat. I've been pretty busy lately. Expecially with my mom always bringing the camera to work with her. My hands were freezing by the time I got some decent shots.
Thanks, C&C please

stubbie by marissa.k1995, on Flickr

I like the empty space on the first image, but I think it should be to the right of the cat...not the left. See where the cat is looking? To the left. Cropping some of the cat's leg/paws bothers me too.

The second image needs more light. Using a flash would have helped.

Same as the last one. It needs just a tad more lighting. I would have cropped the top (the dirt part) and left just a white background.

I think of the three... #3 is my favorite....

But may I suggest a re-crop (maybe using a 3:1 aspect ratio?) and a slight WB adjustment. Something like this...

5242432973_a4a1f43be0.jpg

can you post ur EXIF data? It wasnt avail for me to look at

#1 could have been better with paws and a tad less space. And just a little bit brighter.

#2 is a nice face, but the ear is cut off and it's much too dark. It could have done without the twig in the face, too, but thats hard to control.

#3 I like bus riders edit, though it would be nice to see some more detail in the snow. Thats tricky though. I've probably taken maybe three photos where I'm happy with the snow detail, so you could disregard this comment. :)

Man that cat looks piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.

Hi,

Nice cat -- great eyes.

Here's your second photo tone adjusted for the cat. I used Photoshop and two blending layers (Screen and Soft Light).

cat_snow.jpg

Joe

Thanks for all the replies, and I like your edit a lot BuS RiDeR. Clanthar I like your edit as well but I do prefer it being darker. I tried editing a couple of my photos and here they are. I might kind of suck at editing so bare with me.

I sharpened it and highered the contrast, lol I forgot what else I did.

I lightened it up a bit, even though It doesn't look much different. I also did a few other things to it.

Stubbie by marissa.k1995, on Flickr

By lord the 2nd one is amazingly adorable.

Keep up what you're doing because it's great.

Most reactions

Back