What's new

Catching the sun

No feedback?:hail:
 
Well, not something I would do with my camera's sensor, but each to his own...it's one of those shots that has been done so many times, it just doesn't have any imapct on 99% of the photo world...sorry, cute as it may be...meh.
 
Well, not something I would do with my camera's sensor, but each to his own...it's one of those shots that has been done so many times, it just doesn't have any imapct on 99% of the photo world...sorry, cute as it may be...meh.

No, its okaay :) Its really nice to read someone criticize my photos, that is the only way I can learn.
So the reason the photo isn't that good is because it has been done so many times, right? Thats okaay, I understand :)

But what do you think about the colours, editing?
 
I like it! To someone who has never seen an image like this, it can be really awesome! I think maybe you should have used your whole hand to "catch" it instead of just your finger and thumb, so it's not so much an 'okay' sign. And don't worry, you're not hurting your sensor. Your sensor is only being affected as long as the shutter is open, and I can tell from the flare, that it was a relatively quick shutter speed. As for the post, there's no way to really tell unless you post the original as well!
 
I didn't say it wasn't good, only that it's been overdone so much as to lose great viewer impact. As to the sensor, it is a light capturing device. The sun, a welder's torch, a reflection off a windshield can damage the sensor. It does depend greatly on exposure time, but in any case, it can definitely burn your cornea. As a rule, I don't unless I am filtered or it is early morning, late afternoon.
 
Does no one get the reference?

One for looking! Two for flinching!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom