What's new

Cats and Vignette*

Silence is Gold- So keep that in reserve; Speech is Silver-so use that for day to day requirements
But i see only effect, the cats are not in a propper position, you have to go down to the ground.
Your cam has to be on eye level to the cats, then you will get expectable results.

greetings peter
 
I think the point of view works here and I also like the graininess. I might make the vignette a little less abrupt.
 
Silence is Gold- So keep that in reserve; Speech is Silver-so use that for day to day requirements
But i see only effect, the cats are not in a propper position, you have to go down to the ground.
Your cam has to be on eye level to the cats, then you will get expectable results.

greetings peter
Thank you Peter; I hold rules are good as general guidelines; here i am capturing two poor cats waiting for morsel of food remains and not two proud tigers; so i think a dominating position is good to represent the situation.
Regards :D
You always use grain so well, Freq.
O, thank you Jowens very much :D

I think the point of view works here and I also like the graininess. I might make the vignette a little less abrupt.

Thank you Ken; good suggestion indeed :D
 
I like the graininess.... but I think it's too "pixel grainy" for me, it looks like digital noise rather than film grain.

I'd probably like it better if the grain could be chunkier... less like pixel noise.

The old grainy b&w film was grainy because the resolution just wasn't there... almost like downres it, grainy it, blur it, upres it, sharpen it. or some such. maybe. ;-)
 
Nice, Nandakumar! I like it.. but then, I am a Cat Person! ;)
 
I like it. Its like you turned on a flashlight and saw the cats (and said "Glad I didn't step on one")! I like the graininess as well, it suites the perspective. Maybe darkening the exposure just a little bit would create more of the effect you are aiming at.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom