I think the musician's face is rendered a bit "hot" by the spotlight that is aimed at him,and I'd be tempted to take this image down to a much darker overall look. The lighting is very high contrast, and shots like this demand very careful processing from the RAW files. What *I* would do is to make a fairly flat, low-contrast conversion from the RAW file using Nikon Capture NX,and attempt to get as much shadow detail as I could, while still maintaining detail in the brightest part of the musician (His forehead),and then I would use the Curves tool to "punch up" the overall image.
There are a number of ways to "work" or process RAW Files shot in high-contrast light. You could in Nikon Capture lower the exposure .7 stop, and then use the curves tool to adjust the overall scene contrast.
You could use the Active D-Lighting on HIGH,and see how that works.
I know you're new to Nikon and to RAW shooting,and you just happen to be interested in some of the trickiest to meter, highest-contrast lighting most people will shoot at: small-venue, minimally-lighted gigs! It's like starting on Level 10 instead of Level 1. So, your efforts are going up against highly-challenging RAW processing situations.