Photos OK to edit
Thank you!
1)
the_tower_by_er111a-d4pjrwf.jpg

2)
family_by_er111a-d4pjl6f.jpg

3)
seeing_double_by_er111a-d4pjoh3.jpg

I like the first one but something about the framing, tree is slightly cut off, and for some reason i feel like there needs a bit more space below the house... maybe if it was taken in portrait and stepped back a bit...? not really sure
Last one is shaky

#1 is basically underexposed (the vignetter does not help!)... the brightest spot in the shot is the crossbar on the gatehouse, and that is still gray. The snow is gray.. the house is dark and uninteresting. Proper exposure would help a lot here. Maybe exclude the gatehouse, since that will be overexposed if you expose the subject properly! That or tone it down in PP. The framing is a little tight, and it would have been better not to cut off the top of the tree! it looks odd. The way you shot the photo.. it looks like the tree is the main subject... but not sure. It could be the gatehouse.. or it could be the house. Confusing to the viewer, although it does setup an interesting tension in the photo. Probably not a keeper though.

#2 Vignette does nothing for this shot, except make the flag dark. I am assuming that the flag is an important part of the photo since you kept it in there.. so why darken it with a vignette? The people are obviously the subject... and it looks like they are going sledding!

#3.. appears to have bad motion blur. Increasing your iso would allow you to increase your shutter speed, which would help with this, as would a tripod. The tree limb at top is very distracting.. as I am assuming the subject is the fence, and background landscape?

Last edited:
#3.. appears to have bad motion blur. Increasing your iso or shutter speed would help with this, as would a tripod. The tree limb at top is very distracting.. as I am assuming the subject is the fence, and background landscape?

Don't pay any attention to the first part of Gipsons number 3.

He wasn't clear on this.
If you increase your ISO which is your sensors sensitivity to light, you will have to increase shutter speed to avoid over exposing.
If you increase your shutter speed without increasing ISO, or opening the aperture, you will be faster with less blur , but you will be even more under exposed.
As to the rest of the stuff, Grand master Gipson was on the money.

OK Gipson speak up. How many beers have you had? lol

what they said... what is the subject in 1 and 3?

#3.. appears to have bad motion blur. Increasing your iso or shutter speed would help with this, as would a tripod. The tree limb at top is very distracting.. as I am assuming the subject is the fence, and background landscape?

He wasn't clear on this.
If you increase your ISO which is your sensors sensitivity to light, you will have to increase shutter speed to avoid over exposing.
If you increase your shutter speed without increasing ISO, or opening the aperture, you will be faster with less blur , but you will be even more under exposed.

INCREASING ISO allows for a faster shutter speed..... in the same lighting conditions, correct? A faster shutter speed would correct the motion blur, correct?

He wasn't clear on this.

INCREASING ISO allows for a faster shutter speed..... in the same lighting conditions, correct? A faster shutter speed would correct the motion blur, correct?

Well......yeah
It just sounded strange when you said increasing your ISO or increasing shutter speed.
Without defining why. When I replied to that I couldn't see his post count and thought he was new.
Now I see he's been here for over 1800 posts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back