Challenger/Wrangler/Mercedes CLS Magazine Shoot

TheoGraphics

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.theo-graphics.com
This was a shoot for an ad in Houston Modern Luxury Magazine with featured cars from 713 Motoring. I was told before the shoot that I would be shooting a white Audi, but this is what showed up, haha. Three black cars at once - definitely gave me a run for my money!

Custom Widebody Challenger

Theo-Graphics-Dodge-Challenger-XL.jpg

Mercedes CLS Convertible

CLS-XL.jpg

Jeep Wrangler

Jeep-XL.jpg

I was told after the shoot that they'd like to see them together, so I put this comp together.

Theo-Graphics-Challenger-Jeep-X2.jpg

I like. I feel like some of the roof line is lost on the challenger. But that is just me picking nits.

And if the car that showed up was white, how would you have lighted it, and would the result be any different?

Is the challenger paint a satin finish or is it the light?

And if the car that showed up was white, how would you have lighted it, and would the result be any different?

white/silver cars are the easiest to light, and black cars are the hardest. i probably would have just used a simple 2-3 speed light setup for a white car. the lines on a white car would have been much more defined.

Is the challenger paint a satin finish or is it the light?

it was a glossy finish

like the location and setup. just would have preferred a bit more light on them myself. find myself fighting to see the body lines of the challenger. esp since i'm going to start working on mine soon. Black cars at night are a pain in the butt to light up. in the last one maybe its jsut me but the scale of the challenger looks a bit small compared to the jeep. the top of the jeeps wheel line looks to be above the hood line of the challenger and im guessing the challenger is running on 22's in the front with 24's in the back? that would have to put the size of the jeeps tires to be over 36" wher as the size based on the single jeep photos look to be around 26's or so.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back