Character portrait C+C

Photog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So what does everyone think of these two? I spent a while processing both of them, so let me know what you think I could have done better with the photo/PP.

-1-
IMG_1777b.jpg

-2-
IMG_1778b.jpg

Excellent work on both. I honestly can't think of anything that would improve on either of those.

Thanks guys, any more comments from anyone? Are they overprocessed or not?

I am far from being more than a noob, but am I the only one that thinks they're a little "hazed" or blurry?
I'm not sure if you were going for that, but should they be a little sharper? (Once again, I'm new at this.)

^^^ i too was going to note that they arent in focus..

I'm pretty sure they were in focus when i took the shots, but in PS I did a gaussian blur to a layer and set it to multiply to smooth out the tones, so that might be why you get the feeling that they're a bit hazy - I might have overdone it a bit...

I think they are both fantastic. However if I was nitpicking I would say:

- I think it is intentional, however as you have blurred the background separately to the subjects, and to me I can see artifacts in the background (looks like a super-hi-compressed jpeg), it looks a bit too artificial. As though the subjects were actually transplanted into the photos.

- The portrait above the easle (in colour) tends to detract from the subjects you are focusing on. My eyes just keep getting drawn up to that top portrait.

Lastly, and this is being super-nitpicky. The painting-in-progress has two people in it, man and woman, where is the woman? Also, the man in the painting doesn't really resemble the man being painted. But that is being as picky as I possibly can.

Great work, however, excellent idea!

FANTASTIC pictures! :thumbup:

Lastly, and this is being super-nitpicky. The painting-in-progress has two people in it, man and woman, where is the woman? Also, the man in the painting doesn't really resemble the man being painted. But that is being as picky as I possibly can.

Haha, yeah I think the artist drew the guy's wife and then the guy and put them together in the picture. As for it not actually looking like him, I guess that's more a comment on the artist's skill than anything else!

Great job on both. IMO the first one is better because you can see the detail in what he is painting/drawing better. The second is very good as well, just a little too busy with all that is in the scene.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back