Charging solution

andrewdoeshair

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I used to keep a battery charger for my camera in my studio, one in my office at home, one in my car, and one in my backpack. Whenever I need to do video with two or sometimes three cameras, I take this second charger from there and always end up forgetting it here. I also can’t seem to keep fresh AA batteries handy, they’re always where I last left them (which is never where I need them to be). Long story short, I recently bought a $15 box from Harbor Freight and mounted every charger I own to the inside, along with a power strip and two power banks (they’re inside that padded mesh bag thing on the lid). This thing has been WONDERFUL. Everything I have that runs off of a battery has a charger or two in this box, ready to go, so I just bring it with me everywhere. It fits in my carry on and even though it takes up slightly more space than packing these things individually, it’s worth being able to arrive to where the heck ever and be charging everything within four seconds and with only one plug. A few of my friends have made these since seeing mine, I thought it might be worth sharing here. This thing is full but I f I get anything else that needs charging I’m going to upgrade the kit to a pelican case. Someone should make this a thing, just a locking Velcro lined box with a power strip and a power bank built into it.

58EAC6C9-692F-41FE-A038-A6DEE25D4B17.jpeg
5D86E538-2D25-41CD-B1A3-3A9CF8841476.jpeg

VERY Cool... I may just have to "borrow" some that... I've got an old Haliburton case kicking around somewhere!

I used to keep a battery charger for my camera in my studio, one in my office at home, one in my car, and one in my backpack. Whenever I need to do video with two or sometimes three cameras, I take this second charger from there and always end up forgetting it here. I also can’t seem to keep fresh AA batteries handy, they’re always where I last left them (which is never where I need them to be). Long story short, I recently bought a $15 box from Harbor Freight and mounted every charger I own to the inside, along with a power strip and two power banks (they’re inside that padded mesh bag thing on the lid). This thing has been WONDERFUL. Everything I have that runs off of a battery has a charger or two in this box, ready to go, so I just bring it with me everywhere. It fits in my carry on and even though it takes up slightly more space than packing these things individually, it’s worth being able to arrive to where the heck ever and be charging everything within four seconds and with only one plug. A few of my friends have made these since seeing mine, I thought it might be worth sharing here. This thing is full but I f I get anything else that needs charging I’m going to upgrade the kit to a pelican case. Someone should make this a thing, just a locking Velcro lined box with a power strip and a power bank built into it.

View attachment 155668 View attachment 155669
"Someone should make this a thing, just a locking Velcro lined box with a power strip and a power bank built into it." Someone did! You should patent it! Very clever, and not "just" anything.

Several people on the RC forums have done this for all of their different batteries. I have a couple of theses cases. Haven't found the time to do it. Might have to make one for the cameras.

Most reactions

Back