Check this shot out!!!! F-18 Super Hornet w/ Burners

JerBoyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
boyd.zenfolio.com
Here is one from today.

Had the opportunity of a lifetime. V.I.P. treatment on the Kitty Hawk Aircraft Carrier. All I have to say is WOW, WOW, WOW.

Shot is of a F-18 launch with AFTERBURNERS blowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://Boyd.zenfolio.com/p144952940/?photo=716592615

Hope you enjoy and let me know how I did.

Jeremy
www.boyd.zenfolio.com

that is one very nice shot!

BTW, what exposure times do you use for planes in takeoff?

Re you a naval photographer or something?

Thanks guys for the comments.

Here are some answers to your questions.

This was taken at f4.5 and 1/500 sec. at ISO 100.

No - I'm not a Naval photographer. Just someone with a passion that won’t go away and happened to be in the right place at the right time.

I'm glad you had a chance to check the photos out.

Jeremy
www.boyd.zenfolio.com

WOW!! there amazing!! top pics mate!
The other ones are amazing too!!!!

you make me sick :lol:

man that is great.

well I got the next best thing, I've shots of Sea Harriers going up the ramp at HMS Heron.

Ok so HMS Heron is a [SIZE=-1]Royal Naval Air Station and not a ship but it aint bad for a civvy like me :lol:
[/SIZE]

Fantastic shot.

I'm surprised at how sharp you got it...I wouldn't think that 1/500 would freeze a jet like that. I might have gone to ISO 400 and 1/2000...but it doesn't look like you needed to.

Great photo, i took a look at the others on you site while i was there to. YOu really have some awsome shots on there.

emogirl - Thanks for looking. I checked out your site. You have some done some nice work yourself.

Lostphophet - Love the Mig 29 shot you have. Can you post the link to the Harrier photos.

Big Mike - Glad you like the photos. 1/500 seemed to work just fine here. I'm glad it did.

Hoppy - appreciate the comments. "Slightly ALOT jealous"

benaccent - Thanks for looking at some of my other photos. I think Zenfolio does an outstanding job at displaying them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back