Cheetah

Nice capture. Surely there must be a story behind this one - time, place, etc. I ask because I just returned from a safari in South Africa with over 3500 pics to work on.

WesternGuy

Wow, he's all legs! Great shot.

Great capture!

Nice capture. Surely there must be a story behind this one - time, place, etc. I ask because I just returned from a safari in South Africa with over 3500 pics to work on.

WesternGuy

Lol... well, would love to regale everyone with tales of a dangerous safari but truth is it was shot at the Henry Doorly Zoo's new African grasslands exhibit. I did however have a rather testy little girl nearby who was very upset that she was stuck there instead of being over at the petting zoo. I guess it's possible she might have attacked if provoked, and I could have gotten a nasty nip out of it.. lol

WesternGuy

Lol... well, would love to regale everyone with tales of a dangerous safari but truth is it was shot at the Henry Doorly Zoo's new African grasslands exhibit. I did however have a rather testy little girl nearby who was very upset that she was stuck there instead of being over at the petting zoo. I guess it's possible she might have attacked if provoked, and I could have gotten a nasty nip out of it.. lol
No problem :biggrin-93: - you did a great job of hiding the "zoo", something that is not always easy to do. It would also appear that the zoo has done a great job of "hiding itself" as well. The reason I asked was that I have been to Kenya and Tanzania and the cheetahs you see will often find a high place to observe the surrounding savannah. It can be a rock or, more often, an abandoned termite mound. Your image brought back fond memories of my time spend photographing these cats on the savannah. Thank you for that.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back