Chicago Ice

Mike Lamb

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
new7-9-9wbordSmall.jpg

I like this - the texture of the ice, the way the tunnel of ice frames the buildings in the background. The only real issue I have with it, and thats just my preference, is I wish the areas of sky were more blue, I think it would set the whole shot off more. Have you tried this as a B&W? It might have more pop that way.

the ice is nice but i would object to the building in the background (and im assuming that and the clouds are photoshoped in, either that or the ice is photoshoped in.)
The clouds IF the temperature was this cold wouldn't be there it would be this type of cloud cumulonimbus clouds - Google Image Search
also the white balance's are totally different

the IQ on the building and the clouds are different from the IQ on the ice which leads me to believe that 90% of the image has been downloaded from the internet

if my judgement is incorrect then sorry

from the exif data:
# Original Date/Time = 2003:01:01 12:03:54
# Digitization Date/Time = 2003:01:01 12:03:54
what the hell? the picture was taken in 01/01/2003 ( im guessing this is the ice image)
and the image was edited on the
Last Modified Date/Time = 2009:07:06 20:43:02

the ice is nice but i would object to the building in the background (and im assuming that and the clouds are photoshoped in, either that or the ice is photoshoped in.)
The clouds IF the temperature was this cold wouldn't be there it would be this type of cloud cumulonimbus clouds - Google Image Search
also the white balance's are totally different

the IQ on the building and the clouds are different from the IQ on the ice which leads me to believe that 90% of the image has been downloaded from the internet

if my judgement is incorrect then sorry

from the exif data:
# Original Date/Time = 2003:01:01 12:03:54

# Digitization Date/Time = 2003:01:01 12:03:54
what the hell? the picture was taken in 01/01/2003 ( im guessing this is the ice image)
and the image was edited on the
Last Modified Date/Time = 2009:07:06 20:43:02

90% internet?

UUilliam, you apparently have an axe to grind. That’s too bad. It’s also too bad that I have to respond to your rubbish regarding my image. The photo I posted is a composite of two different pictures I took with my Kodak Easyshare CX6230 2 pix. I took the skyline shot off the roof of a building I was working on in NW Chicago. The other is from me sticking my camera down in a tire rut next to my driveway.

“if my judgement is incorrect then sorry” Your lame apology in the middle of your post is just that. Lame.

skylinesmall.jpg

RutSmall.jpg

i must admit, the images on their own are REALLY nice but i dislike the Photoshop edit one

Lols,

You could of at least apologized for calling the guy out. I agree the photoshoped version looked a wee bit fake . .mostly the building in the background. But the guy has the stuff to prove that it's his and original.

I love the work on the photoshopped rut, but the buildings / sky just don't jive.

Most reactions

Back