Chick Watch!.........>

Arch

Damn You!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had this idea....... last year we had gulls building a nest on our roof.....a few weeks later there were 2 chicks...... and it was really good watching them grow into young gulls....... both made it, and they all eventually left the nest area.

Although interesting to see, my dad didnt want them to come back...... because of damage they may cause to the roof........ and the noise they make (which can be very annoying!)...... so he put a spiked wire mesh up there, so they wouldn't come back.......

Well....... they did!...... thay just went ahead and built an even bigger nest :mrgreen: ....... so i thought this time, i could document the lives of the young chicks and keep adding to this thread as the weeks proggress and the chicks get bigger........

ok, while they are so small it is impossible to get good shots because they are on the wrong side of the roof...... but when they get a little bigger they start to climb around the whole roof........ so i'll be able to get a clear shot......

I believe there are (update;were) 3 chicks in total, here's one...... i used a rear view mirror attached to a stick ;)

Any ideas for names?!!.....

chick2.jpg

chick1.jpg

Here's the proud mum.....

mum.jpg

I took the above yesterday........ and this is what i found outside today.... life is short for some......:(

dead-chick.jpg

dead-chick2.jpg

shame huh........ but dont worry, i dont think it was the one pictured above and there are 2 left...... well definately at least 1...... and i will update this thread with thier progress :D

:( about the last two ... :(

But all in all this is going to be a fine series, with no more casualties, I hope!!!
And the mirror idea is good! Wow!!!

Guess the noise near your 'attic' room could get bothersome. :p

LOVE the mirror idea. As for names, there's always George (Siegel), or how 'bout 'Beckham' in honour of the World Cup? (I don't know a lot of player names, sorry).

Look forward to updates! Be careful up there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back