Chief Leatherlips

Browncoat

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a monument to Leatherlips in Dublin, OH.

If I had to guess, I'd say from chin to hairline, the statue is about 12-15 feet tall. Visitors can actually approach this thing from the hillside in back and stand on his head.

4691806883_afcf1c19b1_b.jpg

Pretty cool looking sculpture! I think the look is a litle bit too low-key and somber...I'd like to see it brightened up a tad, and maybe back off on the sharpening a bit--there;'s a pretty strong halo on the side of his face. It looks like the photo was made like 10 minutes before nightfall (which I guess, if it was, the key it's in is the right one!). A really nice composition and framing choice, by the way. I like how you present the thing within the frame.

I'd like to go and see that some day. Thanks for showing it to us. I'm gonna add that to my ridiculously long 'bucket list'.

Thanks for the C&C, Derrel...I really appreciate it!

This photo was actually taken @ around 10am. My intent with the processing was to darken it up and convey a more somber mood, considering that the subject of this monument met his fate at the hands of his own people.

Good call on the halo, I didn't even see it. I will have to go back and work on this image some more, and perhaps brighten it up a little bit. Thanks again for the input!

WOW that is WOW! LOL!
But yeah brighten this up some more.

Most reactions

Back