Christmas in the Neighborhood

Bynx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of the houses in the neighborhood that I thought looked nice enough to shoot. Its 11 shots HDR with a little more to it.

Last edited:
Bynx, processing is excellent.
You've used HDR to effectively put us at the scene! Kudos.
Composition-wise I like the first two but the last I believe the cars detract too much from the image.
This makes me want to get out and shoot Christmas lights at night!

My vote is for the first one though the car disturbs. Great work !

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, aside from erasing the car out, not much I can do. Its pretty much as Rotanimod says, the idea was just to put you there and let you see what it looked like.

Very nice. When you said 11 shots HDR did you mean 11 different exposures of each home?

Wow, the sky color is sensational!

Very nice! Do you think that you will give these to the homeowners as a gift? I'm sure they would love a little print....especially the #1 guy.

One shot was 11 exposures, and I think the other two were 8. I did something wrong in the dark and the exposures werent "normal". I have to check the EXIF data for them all to see what I did wrong.
I usually give an 8 x 12 to the homeowners when I shoot a house like this. I dont know anything about the owners of the first two homes. The guy who owns the last home makes wooden furniture out of his house. He made all the ornaments you see on his lawn.

My favorite one is the second. The mood and lighting just feels right. I love the color in the sky that dark deep blue. The white fluorescent lights on the porch give it nice contrast.

I agree with vipgraphx – #2 is my favorite. The house’s architecture makes it more interesting – and you have brought out the color-gradations very well. I would perhaps have cropped it slightly on the left side.

When I composed the image in camera I used the tree on the left and the tree on the right as my borders which kept the house in the middle. Cropping as you suggest janok would mean there would be branches coming from the edge of the image with no tree. I just dont know whats a good crop. I know I dont like the light on the garage of the house next door on the left.

I see what you mean, I was looking at the garage on the left. There are probably too many branches to clone off the picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back