Christmas Sunrise - C/C

smackitsakic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Captured the sunrise photo on Christmas morning.

The other photo I snagged while on my way home from the holidays.

C and C welcome please and thanks!

_MG_5850a.jpg

_MG_6104a.jpg

Looks like you benefited from the sunrise light to make some kinda silhouette in the first shot, I like the idea but there's sth not right about it

I like them both! Would it enhance the picture if the street light was cloned out in #1? Just a thought... I love the colors in both pictures!

Thanks for the feedback.

I also noted the farm light as a distraction in photo 1, and the shadow of a light pole in the bottom of photo 2, but don't have the know-how to eliminate them so thus, they are still in the photos (not a big deal, just a small thing to improve in the future).

Any others with feedback?

Oh wow, the second one is gooood.

Great colors on the first one, I think the reason it might seem a bit "off" is just that the silhouette of the ground isn't perfectly horizontal, giving a slight slanted appearance.

I like the sunrise shot, minus the street light. It does feel tilted a few degrees. I would crop some of the bottom away. I don't think it adds anything to the composition.

Thanks again for the feedback.

I tried to level this image off, and believe that the horizon is at a point of being true level but, in doing so, the grain bins may have become slightly tilted which is what is likely looking 'off'. With the ground not being perfectly level, it's 6 dozen of one and half dozen of the other.

Agree'd that the crop could be a little tighter to remove some of the bottom black area while possibly eliminating some of the tree line on the left side.

Any others with feedback on what to do better next time to make this photo more compelling?

Did I mention the 2nd was good? I just think it needs some contrast.

I played and overcooked it a little, but here it is:

vMMLu.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back