What's new

Church of Christ Scientist, Boston

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1.

p758102757-5.jpg



2.

p585517467-5.jpg



Thanks for looking. Feedback appreciated.
 
The curved glass is cool but it doesn't belong. BTW, my aunt was first reader here a while ago.
 
My brother lives in Boston and I heard lots of nice things about the city and was ready to like the pictures even before I saw them, but, when I saw them I really liked them :)
 
The curved glass is cool but it doesn't belong. BTW, my aunt was first reader here a while ago.

In the photo or on the church?

Thanks for the comments!
 
I really like in picture #1, how the branch to the left flows in the same way the arch does to its left. Both are pleasant on the eyes and incorporate a lot of geometry. Do I like them? Yes. Am I crazy about them? No.
 
I love both of em...very well done. As a side note....I brought my girlfriend (at the time) to that very spot with the intention of proposing to her. That VERY spot!! The scene wasn't how I had planned.....I forget why...but I didn't pop the question. Instead I ended up dropping it in the Impressionism wing of the Museum of Fine Arts. I let it fly in front of some beautiful pieces of history...Monet, Renroir, etc...and a beautiful Rhodin sculpture. For her birthday I got her a mini-sculpture of the Rhodin....whos the man!!??
Thanks for the sweet reminder buddy....I love the photos. I went to the School of the Museum of Fine Arts.....did you do art school in Boston, by chance??
 
Very nice. Have you ever been to Mass College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences main building? The newer front of the building is built around the old original front.
 
I love both of em...very well done. As a side note....I brought my girlfriend (at the time) to that very spot with the intention of proposing to her. That VERY spot!! The scene wasn't how I had planned.....I forget why...but I didn't pop the question. Instead I ended up dropping it in the Impressionism wing of the Museum of Fine Arts. I let it fly in front of some beautiful pieces of history...Monet, Renroir, etc...and a beautiful Rhodin sculpture. For her birthday I got her a mini-sculpture of the Rhodin....whos the man!!??
Thanks for the sweet reminder buddy....I love the photos. I went to the School of the Museum of Fine Arts.....did you do art school in Boston, by chance??

Great story. Love the MFA too.
Never been to art school. I'm self taught - I just shoot whatever catches my eye.
Bought my first DSLR in 2009 and just shoot on weekends when I can.

Thanks for the comments!
 
Very nice. Have you ever been to Mass College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences main building? The newer front of the building is built around the old original front.

I haven't. My explorations are rather random and spontaneous so far. I do have some projects in mind if this f'ing winter ever ends.

Thanks!
 
I really like in picture #1, how the branch to the left flows in the same way the arch does to its left. Both are pleasant on the eyes and incorporate a lot of geometry.

Thanks! I like that too. My inspiration for this shot was the trees - trying to capture them in an interesting way. Kind of reverse what one might expect and why the arrangement frames the building the way it does.


Do I like them? Yes. Am I crazy about them? No.

Can't please everyone. ;) I consider these 2 of my better shots.

Thanks for the comments!
 
For her birthday I got her a mini-sculpture of the Rhodin....whos the man!!??

You da MAN! Does she reminisce over that constantly?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom