Cinderella Dress & Sexy Tee

RushNP774

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dotnetplace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are a couple shots from my first time in the studio. A model comes into the Camera Club of Cincinnati studio once a month and this was November's. We had a large strobe shooting through a softbox on the camera's left, and a smaller light on the model's right side.

All I did was run sharpen in Photoshop and smooth her skin a bit with Portraiture, an amazing Photoshop plugin. If you have any suggestions photography and/or photoshop suggestions, I'd be grateful.

3036988886_1db995e14e_b.jpg

3036924136_0a4a4f7dc3_b.jpg

Great stuff! I have been thinking about joining the Camera Club of Cincinnati, but really I've just been dragging my feet.

hi, i like the 1st one, the 2nd has seen too much smoothing to my mind,

First off, thanks for the compliments!

Great stuff! I have been thinking about joining the Camera Club of Cincinnati, but really I've just been dragging my feet.

It's a great group of people who know soooo much about photography. I definitely recommend it. Plus, once you're a member, you can use either of the studios whenever you want. Pretty good deal

hi, i like the 1st one, the 2nd has seen too much smoothing to my mind,

That's all good, to each their own. Feel free to check out my other pics on flickr or deviantART and see if the smoothing seems like too much.

Fantastic lighting and composition. I would say though that on the face the skin smoothing is a tad too aggressive, especially on the bottom one it looks a bit like parts of her were airbrushed.

Also I think you may have slightly missed the focus on the top one. The eyes don't appear quite sharp enough for my portraiture liking. Though in this case it could probably be fixed in photoshop since it's not out by much.

Other than that good, just bear in mind that this is my opinion alone :)

Garbz, I've been getting comments about the aggressive skin smoothing. It was the first time I played with portraiture and I edited the pics on a laptop, so it was tough to tell, but I agree. I'll be a bit more conservative next time.

As for the focus, that makes sense. I was shooting with a 50mm prime and had to back up quite a bit to compose. A little more practice (and my 18-105), and I should improve.

Thanks for the compliments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back