Cities in Germany

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent 8 days travelling around Germany, visiting 13 cites. Some truly beautiful cities: Dresden really took my breath away! Some of these may be a little snapshoppy so apologies in advance:

The Golden Rider of Dresden

Pentax 645D FA75 @ f/8 and 5 secs, ISO 100

the golden rider of dresden by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Heilbronn was another beautiful place, which was devastated in the Second world war - 7,000 people killed in less than 20 minutes. I saw this interesting statue at the back of the church that is the focal point for the city

Pentax 645D FA 33-55 at 43mm f/11 1/15

strange statue in Heilbronn by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Munich is a great city with great atmosphere it has this:

Pentax 645d FA 33-55 at 33mm f/11 1/30

killing the serpent in Marienpplatz, munich by singingsnapper, on Flickr

it also has this:

645D FA 33-55 at 55mm and /5.6

beertime in munich by singingsnapper, on Flickr

The first is amazing......

The first is awesome the others seem pretty good with the exception of #2 being a bit over exposed where the sunlight was hitting the wall. Try and crop that out if at all possible. The lasy one Regenburg is good but you should crop out some of the river.

I like the last image, good composition.

Another from Germany, this time one of my early morning shots in the centre of Nuremberg. This is the castle, about 45 minutes after sunrise

pentax 645D FA 33-55mm at 39mm f/16 1/6

Nuremberg Castle after sunrise-2 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

The first is awesome the others seem pretty good with the exception of #2 being a bit over exposed where the sunlight was hitting the wall. Try and crop that out if at all possible. The lasy one Regenburg is good but you should crop out some of the river.

This is the Madonna Statue in Marienplatz in Munich. I kept having to go back and back to get the full statue in. I had to increase my ISO to 400 as with a slower shutter speed the tripod (a Gitzo GT2530 was moving even though I had my rucsac hanging of it so needed a faster shutter speed.

Pentax 645D FA 400mm f/5.6 at f/11 and 1/125

The Munich Madonna by singingsnapper, on Flickr

To demonstrate the sharpness here is a 100% crop at the madonna's feet: To demonstrate the amount of detail, the 1024 x 722 image is 386kb, the crop is 822 x 1088 and is 1.4mb! The whole file (.tif) is 194mb

400mm at 100% by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back