What's new

Clear Springs Church

Very nice shot. I am struck with how clean the area around this church is. No trash, broken down vehicles, dumpsters, signage, homeless tents etc. Clearly, this must be in a sparsely populated area, and operated by folks who care. I seek this kind of shot where I live but it is very dificult to find. Moving to a more rural location is sounding better all the time.
 
Very nice shot. I am struck with how clean the area around this church is. No trash, broken down vehicles, dumpsters, signage, homeless tents etc. Clearly, this must be in a sparsely populated area, and operated by folks who care. I seek this kind of shot where I live but it is very dificult to find. Moving to a more rural location is sounding better all the time.
Thank you. Around here, little country churches serve as a gathering point for the community. There's usually a lot of pride in keeping the buildings up as long as the congregation is there to support it. Sadly as congregations dwindle, members die, or move to another church, they close and slowly rot away. I posted one of such a church here. Fallen Grace
 
So calm and serene. Few surviving wooden churches in S. Ontario. Early structures(1820s--)were later replaced with stone and brick as the RRs spread in the 1850s. E. Ontario and the Niagara still have restored wood churches built by United Empire Loyalists who left after the Revolutionary War for British N. America AKA "Canada."
 
@cgw Despite the age of the church, I couldn't find much information on its history. I'm assuming it gets it's name from the spring fed Clear Creek that runs along the back of the property. Up until a few years ago it was part of the United Methodist conference. Due to the split they like a large number of churches in the Mountain Lakes District chose to leave. Now there's no indication of any affiliation.
 
For me the exposure is dead on great shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom