Close up of a guy

KelleighJay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First picture, second post, but be harsh man!
brad2.jpg

have you tried making it black and white to see what it looks like that way? i think would look better probably.

i think the light is maybe a bit harsh on his face, he's squinting and it's hard to see detail in/near his eye, maybe a reflector would have helped there.. and yeah looks a little over saturated.

I agree with the above post, try B&W, it may look better, failing that try turning down the saturation a tad. And possibly a little sharpening to bring out more detail in his face?

wrong time of day (sun high and harsh, eyes in shadow)

before you get artsy, work on the basics of exposure, etc.

redguyjp5.jpg

Ha, thanks guys. That was my first assignment in my class, and I must say I got more feedback here. I was told to bracket scenes, and that was the one I liked most. I was just using my dads old minolta and a random lens, didn't really know what the hell I was doing...but everyone has to start somewhere, right?

I must say I liked the picture beforehand, but I'm not so sure anymore. Ha!

OH and my old scanner made it look a tad darker, but maybe I'm just making excuses?

OH and my old scanner made it look a tad darker, but maybe I'm just making excuses?

Ya, pretty much.

Its not a great shot, man. Direct sunlight, squinty eyes, color is off and the exposure is off too. Shadows are bad.

Nice creativity with the composing of the shot though :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back