Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bedford Autodrome West Circuit
World's fastest road car, as of 2014
$187,000 - 552 hp, 2014, 4-wheel drive, 7 speed dual automatic clutch, 1605 kg Porsche Turbo S?

OR a

Entry-level single seat formula car
$60,000 - 185 hp, 2-wheel drive, 6 speed sequential paddle shift, 515 kg, naturally aspirated F4 car?

I'll keep my trucks and jeeps!

New truck is 410hp 6 speed 4wd. Wonder what it could do, carrying the two of them in the bed? :aiwebs_016:

Both of those cars toghether is only 200#'s more than the listed payload of my truck!

'll keep my trucks

Yup, like you I'll keep my truck. Surprisingly the torque to horsepower on the Porsche is pretty bland 516 ftlbs. to 525 hp. I didn't research it further but likely those numbers are at super high RPMs. By comparison, that Hemi you just bought is 429 ftlbs. To 410 hp, and the new 6.7 Powerstroke is 925 ftlbs to 440 hp.

It would be interesting to "load" the trucks, to their rated capacities and do a tug of war with both cars.

'll keep my trucks

Yup, like you I'll keep my truck. Surprisingly the torque to horsepower on the Porsche is pretty bland 516 ftlbs. to 525 hp. I didn't research it further but likely those numbers are at super high RPMs. By comparison, that Hemi you just bought is 429 ftlbs. To 410 hp, and the new 6.7 Powerstroke is 925 ftlbs to 440 hp.

It would be interesting to "load" the trucks, to their rated capacities and do a tug of war with both cars.
Peak torque on the Porsche under 2000 rpm, flat engines can make crazy torque. So this 3.8L makes way more power per liter even if you take into consideration rpm. Watch pull offs on YouTube search Toureg vs Chevy, technology vs. size...

Sent from my RS988 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

'll keep my trucks

Diesels are a whole different ball game.

Watch pull offs on YouTube search Toureg vs Chevy, technology vs. size...

Chevy???? Well duh need a real truck test. LOL

The only one I saw on you tube was a 2 wheel drive jacked up big tire truck. Whole lot of comparison mismatches going on, 4 wheel drive vs 2 wheel. Weight to tire surface contact (big tires are an advantage in mud, but not so much on dry pavement. Being lifted, in a tow comparison isn't the best setup either. The extreme drive shaft angle will cause whipping, and the lack of torsion control let the axle wrap, causing wheel hop. The Toureg also comes with awd limited slip.

Watch pull offs on YouTube search Toureg vs Chevy, technology vs. size...

Chevy???? Well duh need a real truck test. LOL

The only one I saw on you tube was a 2 wheel drive jacked up big tire truck. Whole lot of comparison mismatches going on, 4 wheel drive vs 2 wheel. Weight to tire surface contact (big tires are an advantage in mud, but not so much on dry pavement. Being lifted, in a tow comparison isn't the best setup either. The extreme drive shaft angle will cause whipping, and the lack of torsion control let the axle wrap, causing wheel hop. The Toureg also comes with awd limited slip.
Still...it's hilarious.

I'll keep my trucks and jeeps!

A fun video would be watching how many times they get passed on that same track...
I have a friend that has a new Camaro (new couple years ago that is). Anyway he's always comparing his Camaro to my Jeep always asking if I want to race. My reply is always yes! :aiwebs_016: With one stipulation. We each get to pick exactly 1/2 half of the track we want to race! He always says NO, that's not fair, you'll pick some off road route. And my reply is always you car is good on one track, mine on another. It's only fair! :801::801:

Of course I could complete his choice of track, just slower. He would not get past the first obstacle on my course. :allteeth:

@benhasajeep a lot of factors go into a heads up race. Many years ago one of my friends bet me that his horse could beat my brand new motocross bike in an 1/8th mile drag race on a dirt strip. When the flag dropped it seemed liked that horse jumped at least 20 feet, and was at full gallop while I was still digging dirt at the start line. It was an imbarrasing defeat. Learned a valuable lesson that day about traction LOL

I know all about power to weight (and passing Camaros) on the track:

24673970004_large.jpg

I know all about power to weight (and passing Camaros) on the track:

24673970004_large.jpg
I have never owned a car. Always a truck, or some form of a Jeep. My older brothers first car was a somewhat rusty Mach 1. Hes the type of guy then, he had no clue where the dipstick was. Did not deserve that car. Hes 2 years older. So by the time I got to drive. He had wrecked 2 muscle cars, and blown motor on a third. Parents said no more fast cars. So, I went the truck and Jeep route. Though I did use an old 69 Sedan Deville for a couple months. But it wasnt mine. Just could use it. And my wallet was lighter every time I had to get gas for it.

I'm sure there are plenty of street legal cars from 2014 that would beat that Porsche round a race track. The Ariel Atom, & Koenigsegg come to mind. Top gear had a regular feature where a race driver would do a lap of their circuit in a different sports/hyper car each week.

In any event I wouldn't want to use a F4 car to go to work. I test fuel for them at racing circuits so know them better than most who might watch the video - If they modified the body so I could get in, I'd still be crippled before reaching the speed bumps - their suspension is somewhat harsh for road use. Even the fit drivers who race then take 30s to get out (no hope for me) & there's no where to put a sandwich for lunch, let alone real luggage. I suppose they do usually have a camera fitted but it's only a miniature video thing (no fun) & they're not standard issue according to the owners manual. I've only browsed the manual but that's a detail I'd remember! :)

Most reactions

Back