johngpt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3601197767_fb2d143e98_o.jpg

i would like to see an hdr version of this, it would be incredible.

thats awesome. did you use any filters?

LOL, this is a makeshift HDR. I'd bracketed about a stop on either side, then ran the three through PsCS4's 'merge to HDR.'

thats awesome. did you use any filters?
No, but PsCS4's adjustment layer palette for Black/White conversion has sliders for R G B C M Y, so it's as if using filters on b+w film.

Beautiful image, just perfect!!

but imo, it lacks a little bit of contrast
Subtlety, my friend, subtlety! :mrgreen:

This is one of the few B&W photos done with a digital that I can say I truly like. The tones and contrast are perfect. Very good shot =)

Isn't this the shot you already posted, but called it a sunset?

John, I hope you don't mind (if you do let me know and I will delete) but i did some tone mapping with PS on the JPEG to get a HDR effect. I personnaly don't like the cartoony effect you can get but I do like high contrast B&W. Anyway, below is what I came up with; of course the noise is the compromise, which would probably be reduced with real HDR or a RAW image to work with.

LJ

558497287_qJexj-X3.jpg

Beautiful shot. Excellent capture & such a serene environment. I would love to see the comparison between the original and this shot. Keep up the fantastic work.

Thats a really beautiful photo it looks like something out of a book.:thumbup:
Thank you kristie.

This is one of the few B&W photos done with a digital that I can say I truly like. The tones and contrast are perfect. Very good shot =)
Thank you.

Isn't this the shot you already posted, but called it a sunset?
Dang, I'm busted! :lol:

Beautiful shot. Excellent capture & such a serene environment. I would love to see the comparison between the original and this shot. Keep up the fantastic work.
I can't show the original, pre-processing. Then everyone would truly know how crappy a photographer I am. :confused:

John, I hope you don't mind (if you do let me know and I will delete) but i did some tone mapping with PS on the JPEG to get a HDR effect. I personnaly don't like the cartoony effect you can get but I do like high contrast B&W. Anyway, below is what I came up with; of course the noise is the compromise, which would probably be reduced with real HDR or a RAW image to work with.

LJ
Well, I must say that your tone mapped version has much more contrast than my version! :mrgreen:

Interestingly, my original (with title 'sunset,' Josh :)) was a pseudo-HDR, from three bracketed images, then run through photoshop's 'merge to HDR' tool. The original images were RAW.

I've learned quite a bit with this conversion, as PsCS4 is relatively new to me. I'm really liking the control this new black/white adjustment layer gives. Much more subtlety than the old channel mixer. :thumbup:

Didn't mean to bust you :D

I do like it in B&W though.

Great picture, these mountains are doing a great impression
I like it when they do a Bogart impression! :lmao:

Actually, thanks Photoadder, it's that I just can't resist a set up line like yours!

Most reactions

Back